Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday Prints


Monday Prints : Kitchen Craft





Over the past year, I've been creating a line of hand-printed, hand-sewn fiber goods. Kitchen Craft, I've been calling it.


In this line I'm taking my printmaking "off the wall" and merging it with my (admittedly nostalgic) love of kitchen linens.


I aim to make our daily objects a little more beautiful by creating them with an artful, aesthetic experience in mind. I want to bring that aesthetic experience to our home tasks.



The imagery is sometimes inspired by food life: morel mushrooms, the wishbone plucked from the chicken for luck, tractors that bring in the harvest, a gathering of apples about to be made into sauce.


Other times it's birds, nests, old-fashioned cameos, botanicals.


Each piece is made by hand: hand chosen fabrics (some new, often repurposed), hand cut, hand printed, hand sewn. The line includes potholders, table runners, table toppers, tea towels, placemats, and napkins.



Bring art into the everyday.


You can find the line for sale at Absolutely Art in Madison, WI (Atwood), at craft fairs, and occasionally my online Etsy shop.



Please contact me at MondayPrints @ gmail.com for a retail or wholesale price list.







No comments: