Sunday, August 24, 2008

once upon a perch

Though this is a highly unsatisfying picture of it (I'm a little ashamed really- such poor light!), I thought I show one of the things I was up to during that month-long posting haitus.
Birds.
Perhaps people are sick of em', but I am still smitten. Also, I recently realized and remembered that my mother used a really similar pattern too; making birds for christmas tree ornaments in the early 80's.
I gave a few of these as love-bird house-warming gifts to dear friends who just bought their first home. Then I made a nursery mobile for Alyssa's new one. (Welcome to the World, Dorjee)



They're fun and fast and use up that great scrap fabric that you have that is too small for most other things. For the mobile I used velcro (soft on the bird side) so that the birds could be taken off to be played with. I imagine that Alyssa will be the one that plays with them the most! :)

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

LisaCase said...

Aw, so cute! I love them!

Pink Lady said...

all those dang birds on the tree never had the clips on them to hang up properly. Remember that?

Rachael said...

Did you make it to Madison? Hope the drive wasn't too bad. I'm glad we got to hang out for a bit before you left!

xoxo
Rachael